Full-time employees enjoy a benefits package including:
- Alternative Care Coverage
- Matching retirement plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East received national and local recognition for our work to build and repair homes for families and individuals in need of a decent place to live.
Most Admired Non-profit
Green Home Builder of the Year
Affiliate of Distinction
Oregon Ethics in Business
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East. Take a look at our current job opportunities below.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East.
There are no employment positions open at this time. However, we encourage those interested to check this page frequently for future openings. In the meantime, if you’d like to get involved, we encourage you to look at our volunteer opportunities.
Home Repair Manager
Department: Homeownership and Neighborhood Revitalization
Supervisor: Vice President of Homeownership and Neighborhood Programs
Dotted Line: Vice President of Construction
Status: Full time/Exempt
Compensation/Benefits: $45,701- $59,024. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; and matching retirement plan.
Habitat for Humanity partners with people in local communities, and all over the world, to help them build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With community support, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East (HFHPME) is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global home building movement and top private home builder in the country. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities, the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region. Habitat welcomes people from all walks of life to partner in serving families in need and creating a better community for everyone who lives here.
Through our 2021 Strategic Plan, HFHPME will serve more people than ever before through decent and affordable housing. This innovative and bold plan will triple the number of families served annually and includes a shift to a new business model that leverages private fundraising with financial and nonprofit partnerships.
The ideal candidate for the Home Repair Management role will possess a unique balance of hard and soft skills. Budgets, timelines, and safety standards are firm, and must be balanced against the ability to build and nurture productive relationships with homeowners, contractors, volunteers, and colleagues. The incumbent will be equally comfortable working in a controlled office setting, as well as in the field, which at times may be unpredictable. An ownership, self-regulating mindset is highly valued, along with an ability to work independently toward organizational, departmental, and personal goals.
The Home Repair Manager is responsible for HFHPME’s Home Repair Program. This position is the first point of contact for applicants to the Home Repair and Preservation Program and manages the selection of homeowners, development of scope of work, and engages and works with subcontractors to ensure that projects are completed to the satisfaction of the homeowner. This position will also work closely with volunteer programs to engage volunteers on Home Repair projects when possible.
- Collaborate with the Neighborhood Revitalization Manager and other staff as appropriate to conduct outreach to eligible homeowners.
- Update and maintain applicant files and Home Repair recipient files and tracking.
Homeowner Applicant/Project Qualification:
- Process completed repair applications and complete home visits with Vice President of Construction to assess home repair needs.
- Develop scope of work for each project and obtain scope approval from Vice President of Construction.
- Review scope of work, payment schedules, and sweat equity requirements with selected homeowners.
- Lead site selection by determining if project meets Home Repair guidelines both in terms of the scope of work and costs.
- Develop project budget, identifying which work can be done in-house and which work will need to be subcontracted.
Resource Scheduling and Coordination:
- Coordinate project timelines, including but not limited to: volunteer work schedules, material ordering and deliveries, equipment availability, and scheduling subcontractors.
- Coordinate with the Volunteer Services department to assess home repair need for volunteer and volunteer supervision requirements
- Participates in the development and updating of project sch Communicates issues of concern and potential schedule delays to the Vice President of Homeownership and Neighborhood Programs as they arise.
- Maintain high level of safety throughout project including OSHA standards for workplace safety and required safety equipment.
- Ensure that all work on projects, including work done by subcontractors, is in accordance with approved drawings, current building codes, sound building practices, and within contracted and approved budget and scope of work.
- Oversee and instruct the skilled or unskilled volunteers on the jobsite, particularly in regard to building procedures, quality, and safety.
- Track sweat equity and assist homeowners with scheduling volunteer hours.
- Assist in tracking expenses, including subcontractor payments.
- Support homeowners throughout repair process by maintaining regular communication.
- Review punch lists with homeowner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in social services, mortgage qualification, and/or construction project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel).
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability and commitment to provide outstanding customer service to clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable interacting with culturally and linguistically diverse clientele.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Proven ability to take a project from start to finish on schedule and with minimum supervision.
- Experience working as a member of a multi-department team.
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
- A complete resume, including dates of employment
- A cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
- Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Home Repair Manager in the subject line. Application packets will be evaluated as received, early submission encouraged.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
For further information about Habitat visit our website at: http://habitatportlandmetro.org