Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East. Take a look at our current job opportunities below.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East.
There are no employment positions open at this time. However, we encourage those interested to check this page frequently for future openings. In the meantime, if you’d like to get involved, we encourage you to look at our volunteer opportunities.
Assistant Manager, Clark County Habitat Store
This is a full time, salaried position reporting directly to the ReStore Manager. Responsibilities include oversight and management of all aspects of ReStore operations in conjunction with the Managers directives, donor and customer service, and warehouse maintenance.
- To be aware of constantly addressing ongoing issues and concerns in the ReStore.
- To be aware of the daily needs of the ReStore and to delegate work to volunteers and staff as needed.
- To oversee and direct all aspects and operations of the store in conjunction with and in lieu of the Manager, should the Manager be absent, including but not limited to scheduling, problem solving, staff issues, customer service and in store maintenance.
- To set the example for customer service with volunteers and staff.
- To follow the lead of the Manager in carrying out policies and procedures.
- To assist the Manager in the set up and maintenance of display areas within the store for Habitat for Humanity, Reuse and Recycling, and the ReStore’s role within the community.
- To work together with the other staff to run the store in a manner that is safe, courteous, and profitable.
- Inspect and approve donations as they come into the store, ensuring they meet our donations guidelines.
- Make sure that every donor receives a thank you and a donation slip that it is filled out properly.
- Treat customers with respect at all times.
- Help customers in the store as needed, including loading and unloading donations.
- Be willing and able to communicate Habitat’s mission with volunteers, customers and donors.
- Guide and assist volunteers in their work, understanding that each is an individual with different capabilities.
- Keep volunteers actively engaged in meaningful work, while also finding work appropriate for each individual.
- Ensure that each volunteer feels appreciated and their efforts valued during their time at the ReStore.
- Lead volunteers by example in all aspects of your work.
- Treat each volunteer equally, with patience and respect, without regard to background, appearance, abilities, sex, creed etc.
- Know and understand the ultimate goals of the Restore, and work with all staff to meet those goals.
- Organize, stock and merchandise the store, with safety for everyone being a top priority.
- Work with warehouse staff to keep the work area clean and organized, the goal being to end each day ready for the next.
- To be courteous and professional.
- Communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- To learn about Habitat for Humanity and the ReStore, and be able to communicate our mission and purpose to volunteers and customers.
- To be able to work in a team environment.
- To be willing to work within the guidelines of Habitat for Humanity.
- To help create an atmosphere within the Restore that encourages and fosters an open sharing of ideas, concerns, and hopes.
DEADLINE: To apply, send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by Monday, August 17, 2015.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East expects all staff, board and volunteers to behave in a way that reinforces the mission and founding principles of the organization. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East, therefore, does not discriminate against any employee, volunteer, partner family or applicant for a Habitat home on the basis of race, color, cultural heritage, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical condition, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal law. This policy extends to all personnel decisions, terms and conditions of employment, vendor contracts and provision of services. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East does not tolerate harassment for any reason. Respect for the dignity of others shall be the guiding principle for our relations with each other. Want to know more? Read our Frequently Asked Questions or see who qualifies for our program. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization. If you would like more information about our organization or programs, please contact us at 503-287-9529. Thank you for your interest!