Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East.
There are no employment positions open at this time. However, we encourage those interested to check this page frequently for future openings. In the meantime, if you’d like to get involved, we encourage you to look at our volunteer opportunities.
AmeriCorps Deconstruction Coordinator
Supervisor: Salvage Service Manager
- Assist with research and planning of perspective projects:
- Assist in the use of new techniques for deconstruction
- Field questions on deconstruction
- Assist with carrying out project plans
- Tool organization and procurement:
- Maintenance and care of deconstruction tools
- Assist with the purchasing of needed tools with oversight from program manager
- Maintain inventory of needed safety supplies
- Assist with volunteer management:
- Assist with recruitment and utilization of volunteers
- Help maintain safe, fun and productive on-site environment for volunteers with goal of maximizing volunteer retention
- Partner with store volunteer coordinators as needed for volunteer procurement
- Document volunteer hours
- On-site material procurement:
- Assist program manager and or lead on-site recovery of sellable items from project sites
- Lead volunteers, organize tools and safety equipment for on-site salvage efforts
- Build and nurture customer relations for future projects and referrals
- Age 18 or older
- A U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- High School diploma or GED required
- Vehicle for getting to ReStore office (transit is possible but limited)
- Knowledge of and commitment to Habitat for Humanity mission
- Knowledge of deconstruction techniques (desired)
- Knowledge of building processes (desired)
- Become familiar with Habitat store products to maximize on-site recovery of sellable items
- Vaild Driver’s License and no serious driving related convictions/at fault accidents, willingness to drive pick-ups and box trucks
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs regularly
AmeriCorps members receive a living allowance, education award upon completion of the service year, health benefits and childcare benefits if eligible.
- Living allowance – up to $12,530 for a full 46.5 weeks of service
- Housing stipend – $300 a month
- Education award – $5,730 upon successful completion of service
To apply, submit a motivational statement along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “HFH AmeriCorps” in the subject by Friday, November 20, at 5:00 p.m.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East revitalizes neighborhoods, builds affordable and sustainable homes, and empowers families through successful homeownership. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global home building movement. Habitat welcomes people from all walks of life to partner in serving families in need and creating a better community for everyone who lives here.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East expects all staff, board and volunteers to behave in a way that reinforces the mission and founding principles of the organization. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East, therefore, does not discriminate against any employee, volunteer, partner family or applicant for a Habitat home on the basis of race, color, cultural heritage, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical condition, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal law. This policy extends to all personnel decisions, terms and conditions of employment, vendor contracts and provision of services. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East does not tolerate harassment for any reason. Respect for the dignity of others shall be the guiding principle for our relations with each other. Want to know more? Read our Frequently Asked Questions or see who qualifies for our program. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization. If you would like more information about our organization or programs, please contact us at 503-287-9529. Thank you for your interest!