Building dreams takes lots of behind-the-scenes work from dedicated volunteers. We have a variety of ways that community members can get engaged with us, no tool belt needed.
Supervisor: Community Engagement & Event Manager
- Assist Volunteer Programs in fielding phone calls and emails from prospective and active volunteers
- Help with volunteer tracking and reporting, including data entry
- Send weekly construction schedule to various departments
- Schedule required hours and send letters of service
- Support Volunteer Programs with conducting criminal background checks on volunteers
- Recruit volunteers, if needed
- Assist with tabling events
- Playhouse Program crew lead
- Help with Women Build community outreach
- Facilitate TeamBuilder volunteer experience
- Other duties as necessary
- Commit to 20 hours a week
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, Habitat for Humanity’s mission
- MS Word, Excel and general computer proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be seated at a computer for extended periods of time
To apply, submit a cover letter along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intern” in the subject.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East believes that everyone deserves a decent, affordable place to live. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable homeownership, everyone can help people achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves and their families.
HabiCorps Volunteers are an elite crew of individuals who commit a steady donation of time and effort to Habitat’s mission to eliminate poverty housing. Much like a staff member, HabiCorps have specific rolls and responsibilities that are vital to the daily operation of the organization. Their dedication and impact are immeasurable and are proof that investment in neighborhoods and communities makes our city a better place for everyone.
Become a Habitat Site Host
Site hosts play a crucial role at the construction site by greeting and welcoming volunteers, organizing waivers, making coffee and being the smiling face of Habitat. Site hosts are needed at all sites Wednesday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Did you know that our Habitat for Humanity ReStore diverts tons of building materials from landfills by reselling them at discount prices at our three locations in Portland, Vancouver and Beaverton? Or, that when you shop at the ReStore all the proceeds benefit three local Habitat affiliates?
The ReStore depends on volunteers to do a variety of jobs that keep the stores running smoothly. They need truck drivers, office assistants, customer service assistants, receiving assistants, stockers and cleaners.
Immediate ReStore Need:
We have plenty of opportunities at any of our three ReStore locations Monday through Saturday. Visit the ReStore website to register at pdxrestore.org or contact Janell Watt at email@example.com or 503.517.0720