Student & Youth Groups
Getting young people involved in Habitat’s mission seeks to capture the imagination, energy, and hope of young people in order to productively and responsibly involve them as leaders in the work of Habitat. However, since safety is one of our greatest priorities, volunteers must be at least 16 years old to work on our construction sites. All youth volunteers must fill out a youth waiver signed by a parent to the worksite. But because we welcome everyone in our community to join us in our mission, regardless of age, we invite young supporters to contribute in other ways.
The Benefits of Engaging Student Groups
– Improve communication, cooperation, and camaraderie.
– Foster a sense of community service and volunteerism.
– Strengthen team spirit and morale.
– Interact with people from all walks of life.
– Learn practical construction skills.