What are corporate matching gift programs?
Have you made a donation to Habitat in the last twelve months? You may be able to double or triple the impact of your donation if your company has a corporate matching gift program!
Corporate matching gift programs are charitable giving programs set up by corporations in which the company matches donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. For example, if a donor works for Bank of America and donates $100 to Habitat, Bank of America will double your donation by also writing a check for $100.
Thousands of companies offer matching gift programs. A few examples include:
- Bank of America – Matches donations $1:$1 up to $5,000 annually per employee.
- Fidelity National Title–Fidelity Foundation matches donations $2:$1 on the first $1,000 (effectively tripling the donation) and then a 1:1 match on the next $2,000 donated annually per employee.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank– Matches donations $1:1 up to $20,000 annually per employee.
- Cisco Systems– Corporate Giving Company Foundation matches donations $1:$1 up to $1,000 annually per employee.
The impact of these programs can be substantial. More than 15 million employees work for companies with matching gift programs!
How to quickly find out if your employer has a matching gift program
Every matching gift dollar we receive will help us continue building affordable and sustainable homes, revitalizing neighborhoods, and empowering low-income, hardworking families through successful homeownership.
You can immediately assess your eligibility and gain access to detailed corporate giving information about your employer by searching our database of companies with matching gift programs. https://doublethedonation.com/pdxhabitat
It’s easy—we provide you with:
– Up-to-date company matching gift policies
– Minimum volunteer hours required
– Printed forms or links to the online submission process
– Our nonprofit’s contact information (Tax ID, address, fundraising contact)
If your company isn’t listed, make sure to check with HR as there are many additional companies out there who offer volunteer grant programs.
We wish we could submit the required form for you, but unfortunately the employee must submit it.
We appreciate you taking five minutes to double your donation!