Sponsor a Home
Habitat has seen a 50% increase in the number of families coming to us for help.
Your direct investment in home building is needed now more than ever! Habitat for Humanity partner families benefit in many ways from the financial support of sponsorships, and we know that you, your family, or your organization will be enriched by the experience of supporting a hardworking low-income family in the construction of a new home.
Join local companies and philanthropists to make a meaningful impact on the community we all share. Click here to learn about our current home sponsors.
Benefits of home sponsorship include the following:
- Customized team building opportunities (construction lessons included)
- Priority build day scheduling
- T-shirts and lunch for participants
- Build site signage
- Participation in the build kickoff together with the homeowner family
- The opportunity to hand the key over to the homeowner at the home dedication
- A plaque commemorating your involvement
- Marketing opportunities
- Prominent recognition in Habitat print and online communications
In addition to these benefits, Habitat also strives to offer meaningful sponsor recognition. Please take a moment to reflect on the value of these experiences for your group.
If you or your group would like to help meet the critical need of affordable homeownership, please contact Erika Read at 503-287-9529 x16 , or click here to submit your contact information.
Did You Know?
After volunteers and the future homeowners work side-by-side to build the home, Habitat sells the home to a pre-qualified family using a 1% down payment and 0%-interest mortgage. Payments are set below 30% of each family’s monthly income to ensure longterm affordability. Because Habitat acts as the lender, 100% of the mortgage principal payments return to Habitat to help build more homes.