How to Qualify
The Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East program is unique because we serve many families whose income levels are not high enough to qualify for other homeownership programs.
Families need to meet the following criteria in order to qualify for the Habitat for Humanity program:
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent legal resident.
First-Time Home Buyer
- Must have NOT owned a home in the past three years.
- Currently living in sub-standard, subsidized, or unaffordable housing.
Willingness to Partner
- Must contribute 500 hours of ”sweat equity.”
Ability to Pay
- Must have proof of steady income and have satisfactory credit history.
- Must be within 30-60% of the median Portland area household income (for example, $20,800 – $41,640 for a family of four)
If you meet our guidelines and would like to get on the mailing list for the next Homeownership Application Meeting please fill out our interest form. For other housing programs please visit our local resources page.
If you qualify financially or want to know more, click here to view our application process.