For many local families, homeownership can seem like an unobtainable dream. For the past two years, Habitat has seen a significant increase in the number of families needing assistance. If your family is in need of permanent, stable housing or know families who are, please spread the word about Habitat’s Homeownership Application process starting this February.
Those interested in applying to become homeowners can determine if the Habitat program fits their needs with How to Qualify information below. Then sign up to receive important notices about the application process by submitting contact information in the interest form.
All interested applicants must attend an homeowner information session to receive an official application. There are four dates to choose from, please arrange to attend at least one meeting to receive an application.
|Wednesday, February 22, 2012
6:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Centennial High School – Cafeteria
3505 SE 182nd Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97230
|Saturday, February 25, 2012
10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Portland Community College SE Center – Rm. 143/144
2305 SE 82nd Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97216
|Tuesday, February 28, 2012
(ingles y español)
5:30 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Mountainview Christian Church
1890 NE Cleveland Avenue
Gresham, Oregon 97030
|Saturday, March 3, 2012
12:30 P.M. – 2:30 P.M.
Mt. Hood Community College – Rm. 1710
26000 SE Stark Street
Gresham, Oregon 97030
Please contact Reianna DaRosa at 503.287.9529 x19 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Qualifying to buy a Habitat home
Families need to meet the following criteria in order to qualify for the Habitat for Humanity program:
- Resident Status: Must be a United States citizen or permanent legal resident.
- First-time homebuyer: Must have NOT owned a home in the past three years.
- Need: Currently living in sub-standard, subsidized, or unaffordable housing.
- Willingness to Partner: Must contribute 500 hours of “sweat equity”.
- Ability to Pay: Must have proof of steady income, have satisfactory credit history, and be within 30-60% of the median Portland Metro area household income (for example, approx. $21,900– $43,800 for a family of four.)
Please note that this interest form is NOT an application for a Habitat home, but provides us with your contact information so that we can notify you when we have our next round of homeowner information sessions. You can only receive an application after attending one of these sessions.
[form 2 “Program Interest Form”]