We build strength,
stability and self-reliance
At Habitat for Humanity, we believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential, and that starts with a stable and healthy place to call home. Founded in 1981, we have built and repaired homes in partnership with over 1,700 people right here in the Portland Metro region. With plans to triple the number of people we serve every year, we’re invested in creating a Portland where everyone has the opportunity to build a better life
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is a part of a global nonprofit housing organization that works in communities across all 50 states in the U.S. and in 70 countries. Our vision is of a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: We believe that all people deserve a decent place to live and have something to contribute in building homes and helping our communities. We welcome people from all backgrounds to partner with our programs.
- Homeownership: We believe in the power of homeownership to build strength, stability, and self-reliance. A healthy, stable home improves the quality of life, both for the homeowners and the community.
- Partnership: We believe in the value of partnerships with homebuyers/owners as they contribute to the process of building and buying or repairing their home while completing homeownership education classes.
- Volunteerism: We believe in the volunteer spirit and are committed to offering rewarding volunteer experiences.
- Stewardship: We are committed to excellence and to the efficient use of our financial, environmental, and human resources. We are accountable to our funders, volunteers, community partners, and homebuyers/owners.
- Collaboration: We strive to create strong, productive partnerships with organizations and area housing providers working toward our common goal of improving housing affordability.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East expects all staff, board and volunteers to behave in a way that reinforces the mission and founding principles of the organization.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East, therefore, does not discriminate against any employee, volunteer, partner family or applicant for a Habitat home on the basis of race, color, cultural heritage, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical condition, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal law. To request accommodations needed to access any of our services, please contact Shelby Pierce at 503.287.9529 x10 or email@example.com. This policy extends to all personnel decisions, terms and conditions of employment, vendor contracts and provision of services. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East does not tolerate harassment for any reason. Respect for the dignity of others shall be the guiding principle for our relations with each other.
As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance to the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
Want to know more? Read our Frequently Asked Questions or see who qualifies for our program. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization. To view our most recent IRS Form 990, please visit guidestar.org. If you would like more information about our organization or programs, please contact us at 503.287.9529. Thank you for your interest!