Cornerstone: noun. A marker serving as the starting place in the construction of a monumental structure made of stone or of masonry
Habitat’s Cornerstone Giving Society is the vital foundation upon which Habitat can build simple, decent, affordable homes for hardworking low-income families. While Habitat homes are not made of stone nor are they monumental, they are hugely consequential in the communities where we build.
Cornerstone Society members are special donors who provide significant financial means for Habitat to be able to buy land and materials, mobilize volunteers, and provide affordable mortgages to qualified low-income people across Multnomah and North Clackamas Counties.
If your philanthropic plans allow, please consider an annual gift at a level to qualify for Cornerstone Society membership. See below to learn more about the impact you can make and the benefits you can receive as a member.
Reasons to Join
- Attendance at Habitat’s annual invitation-only President’s Luncheon.
- Two complimentary tickets to Habitat’s Hard Hat & Black Tie Dinner and Auction.
- Complete statements provided for tax purposes.
- Monthly e-newsletter updating our progress (if you choose).
- Cornerstone Society is for individual giving at the $5,000+ level.
- Outright Gifts (not pledges) qualify for membership.
- Gifts can be made by check, credit card or automatic withdrawal. Gifts of stock or other appreciated securities are welcome.
- Membership in the Cornerstone Society is based on cumulative giving during a single fiscal year. Habitat’s fiscal year runs from July 1-June 30.