HabiCorps Video Editor
Unpaid Opportunity in the Communications Department
Supervisor: Director of Communications
We are looking for volunteer video editor and videographer skilled in shooting video content and video editing. This is a great opportunity to build your portfolio while supporting the mission of Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East.
Videographers are needed to film homeowner families, home dedication events, and home building volunteers in action. Your subjects may be families in our homeownership program, volunteers, construction crews, donors or Habitat staff.
Settings will be a mixture of indoor/outdoor with different light settings.
Volunteers must have their own camera and basic knowledge of videography and video editing. We are looking for someone who can edit video footage promptly after our events and produce short video clips for social media purposes.
This volunteer position will be working directly with the Director of Communications and Communications Coordinator on an on-call basis.
- Own your own video camera equipment and editing software.
- Ability to send edited video footage to us in a timely manner after events.
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds/cultures.
- Editing and video production experience.
Length of commitment: Ongoing. We prefer a 3-month minimum commitment.
Estimated total hours: Flexible. We can work with your schedule to determine the number of hours.
Schedule: The schedule varies based on event times.
Location: Work on the scene at build sites, family homes or at events.
To apply, submit a motivational statement and video portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer” in the subject.
Supervisor: Community Engagement & Event Manager
- Assist Volunteer Programs in fielding phone calls and emails from prospective and active volunteers
- Help with volunteer tracking and reporting, including data entry
- Send weekly construction schedule to various departments
- Schedule required hours and send letters of service
- Support Volunteer Programs with conducting criminal background checks on volunteers
- Recruit volunteers, if needed
- Assist with tabling events
- Playhouse Program crew lead
- Help with Women Build community outreach
- Facilitate TeamBuilder volunteer experience
- Other duties as necessary
- Commit to 20 hours a week
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, Habitat for Humanity’s mission
- MS Word, Excel and general computer proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be seated at a computer for extended periods of time
This is an unpaid internship position with Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East. To apply, submit a cover letter along with your resume to: email@example.com with “Intern” in the subject.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East believes that everyone deserves a decent, affordable place to live. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable homeownership, everyone can help people achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves and their families.
HabiCorps Volunteers are an elite crew of individuals who commit a steady donation of time and effort to Habitat’s mission to eliminate poverty housing. Much like a staff member, HabiCorps have specific rolls and responsibilities that are vital to the daily operation of the organization. Their dedication and impact are immeasurable and are proof that investment in neighborhoods and communities makes our city a better place for everyone.
Become a Habitat Site Host
Site hosts play a crucial role at the construction site by greeting and welcoming volunteers, organizing waivers, making coffee and being the smiling face of Habitat. Site hosts are needed at all sites Wednesday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Did you know that our Habitat for Humanity ReStore diverts tons of building materials from landfills by reselling them at discount prices at our three locations in Portland, Vancouver and Beaverton? Or, that when you shop at the ReStore all the proceeds benefit three local Habitat affiliates?
The ReStore depends on volunteers to do a variety of jobs that keep the stores running smoothly. They need truck drivers, office assistants, customer service assistants, receiving assistants, stockers and cleaners.
Immediate ReStore Need:
We have plenty of opportunities at any of our three ReStore locations Monday through Saturday. Visit the ReStore website to register at pdxrestore.org or contact Janell Watt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.517.0720