The Construction Site Supervisor coordinates and supervises all on-site construction activities, including supervision of on-site volunteers, scheduling of sub-contractors and insuring that tools and equipment on site are in proper working order and are used safely. The site supervisor is responsible for meeting project schedules and implementing standards of quality during all phases of construction of the home(s) and improvements to the property from dig-out through completion and sale to the homeowner.
The Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for the following activities:
- Create a positive, safe and productive on-site experience for all Habitat volunteers and families. Maintain a safe work environment and prevent injuries from occurring, present a daily Safety Orientation for all volunteers, distribute proper safety equipment appropriate to the tasks being performed, maintain a fully supplied First Aid kit, a Safety Binder, and clearly post a map to the nearest emergency facility.
- Construct a quality, affordable home using the most efficient means possible while being mindful of the diverse abilities of Habitat volunteers. Schedule time for training and preparation necessary to perform daily tasks. Cultivate a corps of regular volunteers who are willing and able to lead volunteer teams.
- Follow all Federal and State laws regarding discrimination on the basis of age, gender, marital status, race, creed, color, religion, disabilities or handicaps while working on Habitat job sites.
- Coordinate all on-site activity, including subcontractors and suppliers. Coordinate with the Construction Operations Manager to insure that all necessary materials are on-site as needed to carry on the daily work without interruption or delay.
- Label and track tools, the work site and related storage units or job trailers throughout the workday and after hours to protect Habitat resources. Immediately notify the Construction Operations Manager of any tools or equipment in need of repair or replacement.
- Comply with all permitted construction documents, specifications, building and energy codes.
- Verify that building materials delivered on-site are consistent with the approved plans and the materials take-off sheets. Keep a daily job site log which documents all material and equipment deliveries. Insure that all documentation is maintained & transferred to the Construction Support Manager to be recorded.
- Maintain a build schedule that includes volunteer activities and subcontractor timelines planned for the upcoming 3 to 4 weeks. Communicate challenges and issues of concern, construction schedule delays, major milestones or project completion points reached to the Construction Operations Manager.
- Communicate challenges and issues of concern to the appropriate staff member as they arise on site
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings and required events
- Manage all volunteers, AmeriCorps, and Cornerstone Crew Leaders and ensure that they have adequate training, preparation and supervision to perform daily tasks
- Be responsible for ensuring that any warranty work during the first year after completion is performed in a timely manner and coordinated through the Construction Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
Read more about this position and how to apply by clicking here.