Up for grabs at the 2019 Hard Hat & Black Tie Dinner and Auction will be a once-in-a-lifetime ecotourism adventure in Costa Rica. Guests will stay in a luxury resort located just steps from their choice of relaxing on world-renowned beaches or immersing themselves in a world of its own: Manuel Antonio National Park. At the resort, you’ll have access to four talented naturalists who will take you through this park’s untouched rainforest full of exotic flora and fauna. The lucky guests will be able to take full advantage of the park’s many networks of paths and bridges, labyrinth of waterfalls and streams, and excess of incredibly rare species of sloths, monkeys, iguanas, and dolphins. This, of course, is any birder’s dream vacation as the park also boasts 12 island seabird sanctuaries and over 184 species of birds such as toucans, parakeets—even vultures! The resort also has zip lining, snorkeling, and opportunities to give back by planting trees with the area’s reforestation efforts.
Just as rare is the resort’s incredible and luxurious accommodations. Each room features a private hot tub with breathtaking views of the ocean and rainforest below. At the end of long days exploring the island, there will be a welcomed opportunity to have a world-class, candle-light dinner right on the beach. Also available to help guests recoup from the busy tropical adventures is an on-site wellness spa, with a complimentary yoga class, and two stunning infinity swimming pools. And of course, if that gets old, one can always find time to relax with direct access to over a mile of warm, private white sand beaches. Whether you want to adventure in a tropical paradise or lounge by the pool, you’ll want to be the highest bidder on this package at Habitat’s auction on October 4th.
- 5-day, 4-night stay at Arenas Del Mar Beachfront and Rainforest Resort.
- 1-bedroom suite (sleeps 3 people) OR a 2-bedroom apartment (sleeps 5 people comfortably).
- Suites include private deck and hot tub with ocean views, a kitchenette, and air conditioning.
- Easy access to public Espadilla Beach and private Playitas Beach, 2 swimming pools and 2 gourmet restaurants.
- Accommodations may be used in May, September, October or the first 2 weeks of November 2020. Dates to be mutually agreeable between purchaser and owner.